Friday, October 16, 2020

LG V35 Home Screen Crashing with "Home is not responding." message

I like my LG V 35 Android phone. It is fast, has a kick-ass sound chip and worked perfectly for the


longest time. But, all of a sudden it would not open the Home screen (pressing on circle from bottom phone menu) anymore.

This should take half a second at most, it started taking 30s plus, with screen turning black. The Home screen would, then, completely reload.

The message "Home screen is not responding. Do you want to continue to wait or quit?" would sometimes appear.

I rebooted and it would work for a bit. Started to delete downloaded apps. Looking at Internet boards to see if this problem has been encountered by others. It did not seem like others were seeing this.

I was getting desperate since the only other solution suggested was to reset phone back to factory settings.

Last try using safe-mode to double check things. Unfortunately, the behavior did not go away in safe-mode. This made me look into the core applications that are shipped with the phone, since in safe-mode, nothing else is running.

More twiddling and experimenting followed.

The solutions was simple but indicated a bug in the Google Mail application when working with Office 365 email accounts. I removed a Microsoft Office 365 account I had recently added. When Google Mail was connected to this account it would hang up the phone's home screen. Making the phone nearly unusable since you cannot effective navigate between apps.

Odd.

I downloaded the Office Outlook for Mobile app for my office 365 account and my phone works again. I can check the email without hanging up my phone.

If you are finding yourself in a similar situation I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Bilal



No comments: